We had a lot of fun at my parents house after everything was said and done. Though My younger brother and younger sister and I came up with a great name for our older sister-The Christmas gestapo. Holy cow she was adamant about getting Mom's Christmas decorations done that weekend. In fact it would be 2am and she would still be giving us things to do. I wasn't the best of help all the time because I dreaded coming home to do it. Sheila claimed that she loves mom more and therefore that is why it had to get done. UGH I love my sister dearly and I am glad she has so much motivation because I don't.
We took time to make gingerbread houses on the last day we were there-oh how much fun that was. Rylan dumped one whole bottle of sprinkles on hers-woops

This must run in the family-licking your fingers. I had one of
Saige doing the same but for some reason it wouldn't upload.

I think my dad enjoyed helping the kids out with their houses', giving them the great ideas.

Part of helping with Christmas was decorating the tree-the girls were pretty good about making every part of the tree ready for the holiday.

Caleb and Mark attempting to do some lights on a tree in mom's back yard-needless to say mom ended up going out and fixing them.

Mom has always been very particular with her trees and everything has its place and reason. I have to say over the years she has let the kids have lots of freedom with the tree. The kids have no idea when they leave that mom will move them around until she finds another perfect spot. She will move her ornaments around until, well after Christmas. Such a silly girl.

Even Jonathan came over to help with the outside lights-I guess it is a good thing mom had so many kids right??

We went to one more place while we were at Dad's and mom's that the kids loved-and that was a garden place that had some reindeer for the kids to look at-they were great reindeer and fun to hang out with.

Christmas and my family-2 very busy things in my life-But I do love both very much.
2 comments:
I have waiting to reply to this I love seeing everyone together but it really pulls at my heart that I am not there and thank goodness you gave me a reason to be glad I was not there for sure i would be of no help in Sheila's charge for getting moms house ready for Christmas. But I guess that is why we are all different and We Know that our siblings OCD will help us out sometimes. BUt it is great for mom for now she can focus on the true meaning of Christmas. by the way did you ever get your tree lit right?
I love your blog, Tammy. I enjoy the glimpses I get into your family's life. Thanks! You make me smile...
Post a Comment