MY CUTE FAMILY

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Christmas 2008

What a fantastic Christmas we had this year. The biggest sad part is that we had to leave Mark behind in Hood River. Mark got a new job before Christmas with a company called Insitu and so bringing home the bucks is what he had to do-along with watch our alarms for the storage while I was away. Though we missed him terribly (he was able to go to his families), we had a blast at my mothers. The weather broke enough for us to leave the 23rd to head to The Tricities. My sister, brother in law and I all caravan'ed to make sure that we all made it safely through the snow and ice-arriving a few hours later-dodging many accidents and tons of semi chains on the road, we arrived in one piece and no accidents.
Christmas eve was fantastic with a REAL Santa that came to visit our house and give the kids their pj's and a small gift. The kids were amazed but not as much as us adults were. Santa was humorous, cracked jokes, danced, asked the kids important questions and overall was just amazing. I am so happy he could join us this year for our celebrations. Rylan and the big guy

Ambria-Keep believing
Saige tickled silly with Santa
The kids couldn't have had more fun with a lot of their cousins-there were 15 of us and the rooms were filled to the brim. I think the fav. presents this year for the girls were-Ambria: Lucky the dog (who listens to voice commands) At the beginning of the day when she didn't get him she said "I didn't get lucky" of course I had to chuckle and then later when she said, "mom, I got lucky." I hoped that was the only time I ever heard that come from her mouth until she is married.-Also the Karaoke machine, make up and plasma car. For Saige it was her Camera, stuffed pug dog, plasma car, art easel and frog collection stuff. Rylan loved her Dora paraphernalia, Dora 3 wheeler, Running stroller, camera and chocolate. The girls were blessed with plenty and I think that they loved every present, even though I only mentioned some of them-many of them were special.

Samantha and Ambria wore their new glasses, got their make up on and did some rockin' out to Hannah montana karaoke.
My girls and I heading off to church-I have such pretty girls and I love them dearly-a great experience spending this many days being a single mom.
The one thing these 5 girls did just about the entire time was MAKE UP. They each got a kit and so they spent hours putting it on each other and the babies. They tried to get us in on it too, but we refrained.
The entire vacation was a blast with every night extremely late for us adults-wrapping presents, visiting, watching movies and most importantly laughing until we peed playing games. I love my family and really feel privileged to have such an amazing life.
Merry Late Christmas







1 comments:

April said...

wow I am glad you guys were able to get to moms. What a great Santa he looks like he was having fun. you and the girls look so pretty in front of the tree. what a house full of girls if I had made it my boys might have gone insane. or maybe it would have been two more beautiful faces to put make up on. I am getting to see moms house more and more in the background her fireplace is beautiful and it didn't look to crowded in there. I am glad you were able to have so much fun.