With all the wonders of the snow and ice comes it's wrath of destruction. We have had snow damage problems in the past but nothing like this year. While I was away for Christmas our pipes burst-Since I have trained Mark to document everything with photo-he took some of the water pouring out. Mark went away for an hour and came back with the entire yard/porch flooded. So we haven't had water for a week now and the plumbers are working on it diligently as we speak. Boy I miss running water, clean clothes, clean counter tops and dishes. Yes I showered somewhere else dont worry.

A few days after it had snowed and formed
icicles,
Ambria's window seals started forming pockets of water in the paint. A few of them burst and we had cups and bowls capturing the water-after emptying a few times it started to subside-of course that means a total paint job and fixing the window seals this summer.-Our kitchen windows did the same thing too.

The storage facility had this problem last year but this year we had 2 buildings loosing gutters. The snow off the tin roof is so heavy that when it comes off it will hang and then take anything with it when it falls.-As you can see. Then the fun part takes place when the tenants come and they can't get into their units because their is so much snow blocking the way-guess who gets to shovel it (me, since I am the full timer now-and my back isn't that great either). I only shovel for the old, disabled and those who have a great excuse. Oh the joys of snow. You love it and hate it all at the same time. We had more snow fall today so off to more adventures.
6 comments:
I'm so glad I live in California!
That does not look fun! I hope the weather eases up on you guys!
what a mess I think it great your husband took pictures i can't even remember half the time. hope it is an easy fix for you.
This has been to yuckiest winter since I moved here! At least your water is back though :)
OH, Tammy! Your darling place is such a mess. I am so sorry for you! Hopefully all the repairs get taken care of with no flak or complications. SINCERELY, Aunt Linda
You work horse!!! Ok, so fill me in... Dad must have started a new job b/c he got left home for x-mas... But when? SO you took over Secure S on your own? What a hard workin momma!
Post a Comment