MY CUTE FAMILY

Friday, March 20, 2009

Bored at work-not me

So you never know what is going to happen at the storage facility on a typical day. I often find myself walking around cleaning things, filing, all the normal things you do, helping customers etc. I had just finished washing some of the walls near the front door and had the door wide open to let some fresh air in. A customer parked in our driveway and came in to rent a unit. NORMAL, until I hear this huge explosive noise-The customer and I both whip our heads around to see a truck run into her vehicle. A lady whom had parked her car next to the facility was on her way in to also rent a unit and was missed getting smooshed by about 4 feet-if that-talk about some adrenaline. Of course we called 911 and then checked on the guy who was bleeding from his mouth and nose-from the air bags. He had smashed into our concrete pillar/slab out front-which was the explosive noise, ripping the steel gate out and then into the car. He had started coughing (he had been sick) and he coughed so much that he blacked out, and this was the result. He was able to walk to the ambulance but they did end up taking him to the ER to have him completly checked out. There were not any other passengers and no one else was injured-thank goodness. Ya never know what is going to happen on a typical work day but this was not on the TO DO LIST. We normally like to make our customers feel welcome here at Secure Storage, but today the tenants moving in probably didn't feel that way, ya know almost getting killed-just trying to rent a unit. I am thankful my kids weren't around this time-who knows if he had only gone 5 feet sooner he could be in our play yard.






2 comments:

Gisela-David said...

WOW! Something like that happened at our house when I was about 8 or 10, only the guy was drunk and plowed into our car parked on the street and the fence. Good thing no one was seriously hurt and the girls weren't there. Phew! I don't know Tammy, I might decide to use another storage place come April when we move up there. Just kidding. How bad $$ is the damage going to be?

April said...

that is crazy. not your average day.