MY CUTE FAMILY

Saturday, April 11, 2009

what's been going on

I am going to try and do better about blogging but sometimes it is just hard to sit down and upload pictures and or respond to others. Time-we need more of it. This past week has been filled with lots of craziness-I have been working on an event for church-getting decorations done and food assigned out and all of the little details that come with the territory. We had a few days of sun and we took every advantage of it that we could-sun bathing (ok sun soaking-Vitamin D), along with outdoor BBQ, little fire on the outdoor fire pit, walks etc..When I see the sun peak out I see HOPE and I see my smile start to increase just a tad-I love Sunshine more than I ever realized. Yes it reached the 70's woo hoo.
Mark gave the girls a nice horsy ride. It was exhausting but they loved having their dad home for a few minutes to play with. We really don't get to see Mark much since he pulls in a lot of long hours at work and he is gone before the kids wake up and only home about an hour or 2 when they get home. They love and miss their dad so much. I think Saige is the one taking it the hardest-she is really feeling the emptiness.
YEE HAA

I don't know if you can see our rug in this picture- but it is the greatest shag rug of all time. It is like heaven to your feet and all you want to do is crawl up on it. I don't think I have ever felt carpet so soft-I wish the entire room was in it.

This Orchid was given to me when My grandmother passed away-from my boss. I thought it was so thoughtful and I have loved it so very much. I took a picture of it to proove -That it is still alive and blooming after 2 months. Now my Palm plant isn't holding out so well-what can you expect I have done everything the little directions told me to do-I just don't think we were meant to be. I have only had 5 live plants in my house and they are all here at the same time, so there is bound to be one or two that don't survive. Something has come over me with plants, it must be that I don't have a baby anymore so I can attempt to feed and care for other items besides a little one. I do love the look of them in my house though, cozier feeling.
Saige turned 7 and decided to grow out of her teeth. She lost both her front teeth about 2 days apart. They have been hanging on by a thread for what feels like eternity. Of course she was afraid to wiggle them too much. One night they were driving me so crazy (because they looked like buck teeth) that I told her I would match the tooth fairies money if she would just get it out. Sure enough, within a 1/2 hour it was out. The following one took a little more, but today after a bit of backtalking, sassy mouth and rudeness-Saige was getting a little dab of soap in her mouth. I had to pry my little finger in the side of her mouth and well I must have pried to hard, cause out it came. She was thrilled needless to say, so I am not sure if she learned her lesson about not back talking.


3 comments:

Alexis 18 said...

It sucks that Mark isn't around very much. I know that it's hard on the kids and I'm sure they do miss him lots.
I can't believe that Saige lost both of her front teeth at the same time! it's just crazy. I'm sure she's wishing it was Christmas so she could sing "All I want for Christmas is my 2 front teeth"!! glad you pulled out the second on while putting soap in her mouth-makes me feel like a normal mom!

Chris and Melanie said...

Omgsh...you never told me you got a rug! You rug snob!!! hahaha. I LOVE it!!!!

Love your toothless Saige too. She looks pretty darn proud :)

jlthomas said...

So cute, I love a toothless grin! Natalie so wants to lose some teeth. I can't believe how big Saige is, she was just a little nursery kid when we were there, time sure does fly!