MY CUTE FAMILY

Monday, August 3, 2009

What a weekend

Our adventures began very early this weekend to head to The Cove Palisades-in eastern Oregon. We were excited to go camp in a different area. As we started though we checked out a few other campgrounds to see what they were like-only to get lost driving down an old logger road and having to try and turn our trailer around on the tiny road (yeah very interesting). We finally stopped venturing from our destination and arrived happy, tired and HOT. Yes it was a 105 degrees and for us norhtwesterners that is toooooooooo HOOOOOTTTTTT. We dripped sweat as we unpacked the camper-and quickly found our way down to the water. Saige and Rylan checking out a fun rock in our spot.
The girls had a blast in the water but it was a little Gross. The algae was floating everywhere and you could see all the specks of green particles floating -not my idea of relaxing in water-I ended up only being able to handle up to my knees-just so I could cool off. Yes I am a girly girl when it comes to that-no swimming with Gross slimy stuff. Mark swam out to the docks and said it was a little freaky because the algae would wrap around your leg as you swam-GROSS.

The kids didn't mind the water for the most part and ended up swimming until 9:30 at night-yes it was dark outside when we left but still SOOO HOOTTT. We went to the camper and told everyone to shed down to their shirts and underwear and to not get in the sleeping bag--after a few minutes we said OK just get in you underwear. I have never slept in such hot weather camping. I hope not not ever do it again either.
Even though we were the last to leave the water at night and up late we were the first ones at the water also at 8am, yes that is right. This lake probably would have been better with a boat (as long as the slime didn't continue, which I am sure it did) but to us non boaters we weren't too thrilled.
Ambria floated so far from the shore.
Bree really wanted to go buy a floating boat but since we wouldn't give in she ended up making her own boat-good imagination
She might be on to something
By noon that day I was so HOT and tired and wanted to relax in some water that I talked my loving husband into leaving a day early and heading to my mom's house for Air condition and pool. We packed it up again in 106 degree weather and drove away as fast as we could. Sure there were some good things too like seeing a new water fall, it wasn't raining, saw a movie being taped, water fights with the kids, and of course Rylan got her new turtle floatie that she LOVES.

1 comments:

shuttle5 said...

Aaahh, you guys know how to make the memories! Good for Ambria, her boat I mean. I'm still not sure where you were... I enjoyed a good chuckle at your entry...(*.*)