MY CUTE FAMILY

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

The best time of all

Our last day at the coast was great-with the sun shining and no wind. The girls spent lots of time running in the sand dunes, digging holes and then finally digging a little island/volcano to help keep them from the incoming tide. They had a few really good runs with no water coming into their area. Yeah, this one the water crept in a little bit and got their feet a tad bit wet. They decided that they just had to reinforce it and keep the water out. They loved the adrenaline rush.

They survived this wave.
Watching all three girls work together for awhile was fun and a really good experience for them. Even though they fight a lot, they really do love each other when they only have each other to rely on.
Rylan helped out a little longer making sure to get her feet NICE and wet. Then she came to higher ground with Mark and I.
I sat for over a 1/2 hour watching the girls in their little protected zone. Mark and I both stayed close because of the stromy waters that really are a lot stronger in the winter months. I waited and waited to get that photo of the water crashing on them-but it seemed to never come. Finally I gave in and put my lens cap on.
We then see this wave approach, we listen to Ambria let out a scream as a wave comes over top of her shoulders (she was sitting along with Saige). Mark yells for Rylan to run-because it was coming quickly at us too, I am fumbling with the camera trying to get the shot when I realize the lens cap is on and so I only capture the after effects. Mark was already taking off his coat to run in after the kids-yeah it was a doozy.
You can barely see their mound out their in the water.
They were so glad they survived but if you can zoom in on Saige's face she was a little freaked out and after all was said and done she cried.
Here was their little safety dome-after the fact.
I think the girls learned a lesson that when Mom and Dad say it's time to go dont negotiate for just a few more waves-just come.

Though they were sopping wet, they were able to go take a warm shower and get cleaned up. I think I just had a good chuckle and we were all glad that the girls were ok and that Rylan wasn't down there with them at the time. It is fun to live on the edge until the edge comes and bites you in the butt.

5 comments:

Chris and Melanie said...

um, that last picture looks COLD!!!!!! Brrrrrrrrrrr

Gisela-David said...

Thanks for the sequence, it was like reading a story. I kinda chuckled a bit, but felt sad for them at the same time. I would have jumped in too to save them!!! I'm sure they'll look back and laugh....someday!

jlthomas said...

I just read Melanie's warm weather post and felt a little warmed up until I saw these pictures, brrrrrr!

shuttle5 said...

Wow, what a story. Very exciting! Yeah, I did like being able to see the story unfold. So glad all's well that ends well and you all came home safely!

April said...

they looked like they were having so much fun. a little cold but wow they will remember these times.