Melanie and I decided it was time to get away for a longer stint-Not because we needed a break but because we have never done that, just the 2 of us for any long length of time. Salt Lake was our destination this time around. I couldn't have imagined what a fun and eventful time we would have. I don't know when the last time was that I have laughed so hard, shed tears, worried, rejoiced, felt the spirit, etc--in such a short amount of time. Melanie you made this trip memorable more than anyone can ever imagine.
We went to Temple square-and finally did a session at the temple there. It was amazing and believe it or not Lois Smart was in our session (Elizabeth Smart's mom) crazy, crazy.

We roamed around checking out everything in a new light (without little ones behind in tow). We even had time to eat at THE GARDEN, on the top level of the Joseph Smith Building-what a view. It even splattered snow while we were in there. I loved seeing Utah with all the mountains decorated in the white snow, it is the prettiest I have ever seen it there-I always go in the summer months.


Melanie didn't realize that the Church museum was across the street so we went over to check out all the history-doesn't she look interested.

I decided it was time to practice what I preach.

So I heard about this restaurant that uses pretty much organic foods and the meats are
pastured raised etc.. I thought it was awesome and I wish more Restaurant chains would go that route. I LOVE Mexican food so Melanie and I decided to try it out.

You could say the Burritos were huge (2 meals worth).

I ended up using a fork to plow into mine because it was too big to hold.

We stayed in Sandy, Utah and so one day we decided to drive around to all the temples in the area we were at (yeah there were 3, right there).

West Jordan Temple

I can't even say this one Mt.
Oqu?????? really odd one but also in West Jordan-I am the little dot up near the sign.

Finally the Draper temple-near a bunch of Mansion houses I might add (
ok who has that kind of money, obviously a lot of people.)

Who could forget the season finale of THE BACHELOR- Yeah we knew he was going to make the wrong decision because he is like the
premo guy-Jake, but what can you say. We thought of it for days and days after-crazy how TV shows can take over your life and even make you dream about it.

Our last day at Utah-it was so much fun to go with Melanie and I would do it again in a heart beat-fart beat. Love ya Mel and thanks for sharing this experience with me.
5 comments:
You girls are good at gettign away! How fun- I've never been to Utah and I'm dying to go! Chipolte- they are all over down here in Portland- did you know? I've got one down the street from me, let me know if you ever want to meet there:)
It looks and sounds like you girls had a blast :)
wow what fun, it is great that you could do this and grow your friendship. And enjoy it all in a new light with no little ones.
Awesome
LOL! You hit it right on the head with all the crazy emotions we had in 6 days! I'll never forget this trip, and It made me realize what an awesome friendship we truly have!! :)
only thing missing is me!! sorry I couldn't bet there this time girls, but we always have Vegas!!
Post a Comment