MY CUTE FAMILY

Thursday, July 22, 2010

One of my bucket list checked off

I have been running on and off again my entire life but it has not been my life long dream to become a runner. Unfortunately for me I have put on lots of extra pounds from having kids and loving food, so there was really no other option but to run. I am not sure why this works for me but it does, and so therefore I run. After a few small runs this year 5k and 10k we bumped it to our first 1/2 Marathon. Luckily I was able to train with My Girlfriend Melanie and my sister in law Lauren. So we did a sunrise classic and had to be at the race at 5:45am ready to run 13.1 miles. WE DID IT and we survived. Our legs ached a bit the next few days but we had fun running, pushing ourselves beyond what we thought we could, never walking and finishing a goal we set out to accomplish months back. Not easy but worth the journey.

The Best part was finishing with Melanie-I am so glad we did this journey together. It is always wonderful to have friends to motivate you and help you along the way.
Done---Yeah we threw water over ourselves, we were sweaty but not that sweaty.
My sweet endearing husband who woke up at 3am to drive to our run and surprise me- with support and to take photos. He knows how much I like photos So THANK YOU hunny. I needed proof that I accomplished this.
Smith Rock Terrebone Oregon-thank you for this Sunrise classic 1/2 marathon and we will probably see you again next year.
Off to the next race destination!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Chris and Melanie said...

What an awesome time. I can't wait to do it again!

April said...

love the pictures I am so proud of you. I love that you can be a runner it sure isn't for me.

shuttle5 said...

Wow, it's great to see pictures with the story. I am so proud of you! You guys DO look so healthy and happy! Yeah, Mark is the greatest!