I am sitting here staring at google in search of answers and help. I feel as if My husband and I have been jipped a lifetime of family bonding because we weren't given the right tools and answers to problems are kids have had. It has taken 10 years for our dots to finally start connecting and maybe we will have some answers. BUT is it too late???? Ambria has struggled all her life with being extremely mischievous, always lying, constantly getting into things she shouldn't, struggling with anxiety, depression, zoning out, doing terrible in school and having really no friends. All signs of what??? ADHD, how come her therapist didn't see this red flag months ago? How come it takes so long for testing to be done to verify that this is what she has? Everything is so frustrating to me right now because everyday that goes by is a day that she could be leading a normal life and we could know how to help her and do things for her. Instead we will continue as we always have-banging our own heads against the wall in search for sanity. Thank heavens some of the things they recommend doing we already do, but when will this be done.
Life is never normal and it has never been normal for us. When is enough enough? I want my daughter to be just as happy as any other child, to have the fun of childhood.
Crazy thing is we wouldn't have ever realized any of this if it wasn't for Saige going to a psychologist for over a year with defiance's disorders. It just happened that Ambria went extreme over the summer with not eating anything (almost) for a few weeks because she was so afraid she was going to choke-anxiety. Then Saige's therapist said lets take a look at Bree too. Ahhhhh
There are things to be thankful for-that is, that there is help out there now it is a matter of learning all I need to for me. I have to be my child's advocate.
OK done venting
Wednesday, October 20, 2010
Venting
Posted by Mark and Tammy at 1:50 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Tammy,
I am so sorry you are going through this. I know what a challenge this can be. We have a few children at the daycare that have challenges. I feel for you and I wish you all the best in your struggle and search for answers. If I can help at all please e-mail at tm0306@telus.net and I will be there for you.
Post a Comment