MY CUTE FAMILY

Monday, November 15, 2010

Nice fall run

I signed up for a few runs earlier this fall to try and motivate myself to keep in shape and to keep running. I thought I would go ahead and try out the 10 mile Columbia River Classic. It was a beautiful run on the water and pretty darn flat. It was a fairly easy run but dumb me wanted to try out a few different techniques. I didn't stretch like i should have, I was peeling off clothes as they were counting down the last 30 seconds(I was freezing but knew I would be hot), I didn't hydrate like I should have and well I just did everything wrong. I started out at the front of the pack because of it not being officially timed chip race but I was trampled easily at the beginning by all of the Fast paced crazies. Of course that made me start out too fast and at 2 miles I was averaging a 8 minute 15 sec mile. Of course that pace did not keep with me but I was able to do a 8:48 and for me that is my best time yet and for a 10 miler I was happy. I tell myself every time that right now I should just be doing this for fun not for time and then something happens and I can't help it-I think it is adrenaline.

This guy beside me kept with me pretty much the entire run-I hate when I run the runs and almost all the people that are in front of me are old geezers. It is a little depressing to say the least especially when I think I am doing ok- joke is on me.

Look at the view that I was able to partake-a nice fall run. One more and I am done for the year (until next year of course).

3 comments:

Gisela-David said...

Way to go Tammy! Wish I was THAT motivated. I wouldn't mind having the old folks hang around me, it would be a lot worse if I got passed by them as well.

April said...

well I am just proud of you no matter how long it take you are running and that is what counts

Ashley said...

Tammy you are hilarious! You are running an 8:48 and all the old geezers are in front of you?!? I'd be way behind you! You are awesome and I hope I can be like you when I grow up. :)