When we arrived on Oahu we were told that the reason it took so long to get our car was because the Pro bowl was that weekend. Dumb me, What's a pro bowl? Of course I was put in my place about what it was. Needless to say as I went out in the morning I couldn't figure out why all these people were lined up next to a fence near a neighboring hotel. I stopped and took a peek-yep it was the practice for the pro bowl. I had no idea all the football players were staying right next to us. We snapped a few photos for some of my football family fans but we didn't have a clue who any of them were. In a way it was nice we didn't know anyone on the football teams because Mark would have been at the hotel the entire weekend. Every time I ran I would see players-or so I thought they were players, heck I didn't know except they had VIP badges. So who knows all the famous stars I rubbed shoulders and sweat with.
Part of the family-Rylan was in a sour mood and didn't want to participate in the family photo op.

We found a
plumeria bush and
Rylan picked some for all of us to wear behind our ears-even Mark, he was thrilled. Here is her demonstration (yes she is wearing it even in the pool.)

I forgot to mention that for awhile now Mark and I have been discussing him shaving his head. He has been scared to do it and I have been a little nervous. I told him when we got to Hawaii, why not do it now-if you don't like it nobody will see you and if you do like it then you can always keep it like that. I guess in my eyes you only live once and sometimes we get to comfortable with the way we are so it's fun to mix things up a bit. Mark really likes it shaved and I like it after the 3rd or 4
th day shaved. We decided it makes him look a little younger.

Aloha
Hawaiian beauties.

Poser,
hosers. Up on the North Shore trying to check out big waves. There were big waves but not the massive monsters my husband was hoping for.

I think this was one of Mark's top favorite things. On our first full day
Rylan's eyes were hurting from all the salt water she was getting in them. Mark wiped them but of course they still hurt her. We told her the only fix was to close her eyes. I have to say we really didn't expect her to fall asleep but it was a welcome surprise.

This little water slide at turtle bay was a big hit for Rylan. The number one reason was that it was short, and slow just the right speed for her.

Yes mom she is proud of herself.

Finishing off a fun filled day with a beautiful sunset.

I love my husband and I am so glad that he realizes when I need to get away and have a little R&R. Sometimes money needs to be saved for those rainy days but sometimes those rainy days might happen more often if you don't take time for yourself and your family-he gets that, and that is what I love.
1 comments:
silly it is terrible when you get somewhere and you didn't know there was some big crazy thing going on. Buck and I went over to his base the other night for a movie, this is usually no problem. we went to grab a slice a pizza and the line was out the door. The Aircraft carrier from seattle had just pulled in and unloaded that put thousands of people on the base in a matter of hours. needless to say we took off and found food elsewhere. But hey this will always be a great story to remember.
Post a Comment