MY CUTE FAMILY

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Tour the town

We live in such a beautiful city and we find that we really don't take time to check it out like tourists. On Sunday the sun came out-now it was still freezing out but we couldn't take the temptation. We loaded up our van with some BBQ items and took the girls to the waterfront. We got out walked around the waterfront and looked at sailors, kite boarders, others enjoying the sunny day and the beauty all around us. It was breathtaking-not only to be around our children who got a long for 3 1/2 hours without one argument, but to bathe in the sun (OK even if we were still in our winter clothes it was still fantastic). I love that the outdoors can bring peace and harmony into our family-I just wish the indoors could do the same.
Believe it or not Saige did this to herself-This too also brought peace into the family (ha ha).


More blossoms because they are TOOOOO beautiful

Ambria still dreaming of Hawaii flowers.

A nice big stern wheel that we haven't ever looked at close-that thing is big.



Heading over to check out the launch spot for the kite boarders. I don't think we ever made it to the end because the kids were having too much fun throwing twigs and grass over the bridge and watching it come out on the other side. I remember doing this all the time as a kid but we would do this with the flooms (yes I am that old). We would throw a small branch in, run across the bridge and watch it float by.

I don't know what happen to the pictures that I took of Mark with The BBQ er (I think they might be on my I phone). Let me just say that he is a real trooper. I wanted to give up many of times trying to get our briquettes to heat hot enough to cook hamburgers but he kept at it, fanning, putting twigs in, etc.. Yes it took us about 1 and a half hours but we did finally eat as the sun was setting and we were Popsicles.

I think there is a country song called, THAT'S WHAT I LIKE ABOUT SUNDAYS and to this I agree. I love a peaceful sunday where we are all able to be together and to relax.

1 comments:

April said...

so was Saige afraid she was talking to much or what? isn't neat to be a tourist in your own town sometimes. looks like it was loads of fun. you are a great mommy to do these wonderful activities with your family.