For the past week I have been forced not to run and it has been torture since that is my love right now. I pulled my IT band pretty bad and it affects everything. Your IT band is a muscle that goes down from your rear gear to your knees. My knees have been locking out after 3-6 miles so I knew something was wrong. After a friend recommended me to ART (active release therapy)I set up an appointment and went on in. I had heard some stuff about the active release therapy and it sounded pretty painful-let me assure you IT WAS. I haven't been in that kind of pain in a long time. The doctor is basically trying to loosen up the soft tissues and remove the scar tissues that get clogged around joints. The first time I was with the doctor she couldn't believe how CRUNCHY my knee area was and how I was un aligned. Now at least I am lined back up and I have been given stretches and some strength exercises for my legs. I have to meet with her 2 times a week to continue to work on my areas and prep me for a relay run I have in 2 weeks. I get the green light tom. to run 3 miles and I am so excited. Of course if there is any pulling she wants me to lay off. I will do my darndest to not let their be pulling. I think for now I will stay on May and avoid all hills. I never knew I could be so pathetic about running. Since I haven't been able to all I want to do is punch the people who are because I am so jealous. Here is some of the cute leg shots-sorry.
Thursday, June 2, 2011
IT torture
Posted by Mark and Tammy at 12:01 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh my gosh that looks awful! Sending good thoughts your way. I hope it heals up quickly and that I never have to do that. :)
Ouchie. I hope it heals soon and completely and that you get to run next week!!
Post a Comment