We have been blessed to have wonderful friends in our lives and every year we do some type of get together and lately it has been to go boating/camping. Yes do you like the boat provided (ha ha) so this is our high class boat and kayak and the other boat is our friends. We have decided for now this may be all we get and if we need a motor the kids are going to have to jump on the back and kick.
The little girls were ready to get out on the water.
Saige absolutely loves boating and is never afraid to try something new.

Connor and
Saige took to the tube wanting to go faster, hit bumps, go curvy etc.. They were in it for the thrill ride.
Rylan and Grace are a bit different in age but have a blast laughing and being silly together. I am so glad that they get along so well it rocks. The little ones just sit on the boat and do an occasional swim.

Of course the 2 of us have to go for a spin in the tube-Our first go around we were laughing our heads off and Melanie kept it entertaining as she screamed her bloody head off. We had some hard hits and jumps but we survived to do it several times.

This year
Rylan didn't cry at all on the boat-she loved every minute of it and stayed out there for a long time.

Tammy getting ready to take the
plunge-brr

I think one of the kids' favorite thing to do is just jump off the boat in the middle of the river and swim. I have to say I enjoyed it too because there was not any seaweed around-not a huge fan.

Mark gave the tube a go this year and I think he had way too much fun. The laughs and smiles on his face were rich.
Rylan got this frog from a concert and she took it everywhere on the blow up
inner tube-he was one loved frog-now his air keeps coming out so he is a little
smooshed frog.

When the kids weren't on the motor boat they were testing their abilities on the kayak.
Halee became the motor here

These 2 look as if they are pros-crazy

Since there was a fire restriction the only thing we could burn was our charcoal. It worked to roast marshmallows (even if they were one huge mass from the heat).

Melanie and I attempted water skiing the next day and had some good laughs since we sucked so bad. I was only able to get up for a few seconds before getting a cracked rear-
ok so it felt that way anyways.

Time for another dip in the water-Thank heavens it was in the 90's

Mark really picked up this sport last year very quickly and he can do the one foot thing and a few fancy tricks. The boys kicked our rears when it came to water ability. Lets just say we will stick with the tubes.

This year even
Ambria and
Halee were willing to give it a go. It was both of their first times and they had so much fun together laughing at all the bumps and trying to stay somewhat dry (ha ha).

These 2 were little trouble makers-
ok they tried to do their best.
Saige and Austin were trying to measure the depth of the water and lost 1/2 of the kayak paddle.
Unfortunately they are not
float able ones and not cheap. The one wonderful thing was that they had made up all these stories and worries in their heads about what they should do. Thank Heavens they were smart and chose to do the right and tell us. Everything is always so much better when we tell the truth.

Taking Connor for a ride-wait
isn't' the boy suppose to do the work and the wooing.

After a boat ride lets go roll in the dirt and sand-DISGUSTING

Making the best play times with whatever they have.

We had a blast and we can't wait to do it again. I love summer time and friends. Next year I think I will try the one ski (ha ha)
ok I will give it awhile until my rear heals.
0 comments:
Post a Comment