MY CUTE FAMILY

Thursday, May 10, 2012

29 palms at it's best

My brother lives out in the desert-I mean when you look one way and see sand and sage brush and you look the other and see the same thing, you are pretty much in no where. On our way to Caleb's we found this beautiful orchard-aren't those trees so lovely. I guess in the desert these are the only kind of trees you can grow that will stay alive.
We made a stop at Joshua tree to check out "the house" that Grandpa inherited with his siblings. It was fun to see what they always are talking about. Aunt Susan said they have been working on improvements along with Uncle David. I guess that is something one can do out here in Joshua tree since there isn't anything else you can do.
As you can see Saige is modeling for this beautiful picture-The only beautiful thing in that photo.
We arrived at The Torrey's later than anticipated but the kids were able to mess around for a little while before we headed out to see Domenique's softball game.
Domenique had a great game and is quite the little sports girl. I know her daddy wouldn't want it any other way. My girls never wanted to do softball but I guess I never really played it either, nor was I ever good at it.
The girls played around the field having fun with each other and making enemies with the other children at the park. You have to laugh or otherwise it would drive you batty.I loved seeing Ambria loving on her daddy-this wont happen for very long so we have to take it when it comes.
Rylan taught Andreja to hide from pictures too. In the morning hours Rylan was hiding between her cast and the wall while Andreja used her mighty toast to cover herself.
We went over to the Joshua Tree National Park and looked at the different desert plants-along with rabbits, lizards and red ants. It was fun taking a day with Caleb and Lacee to just hang out and see their town.
Here Mr. Know it all points out the different varieties of Cacti. Really should their be that many varieties? I think they all do the same thing-poke, so call them pokers and leave it at that. Caleb said he has had a few run in's with some of these plants and he isn't a huge fan.
When I went out in the morning to go for a run-I kind of got a little lost. I ran down a few familiar streets that we had drove on the previous night but then I took a few that I wasn't so familiar with.  I ended up picking a random street and I knew their street had a field at the end, not a house. After a few blocks I finally found my way back and was at ease. This was one of my views from running.
We had a great time in 29 palms with the Caleb and Lacee's family and of course the girls had a spectacular time with their cousins. Thanks guys for letting us hang out with you.

0 comments: