MY CUTE FAMILY

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Loving San Diego

I threw in some photos from the times we were at April's house. These are kind of all throughout our vacation time.
April's dog next door is named Samson-He is huge and loved to watch us play in the yard. I really got a kick out of him standing up and watching us. Renee has a dog like this back east, how he is an indoor dog I am not sure.
Ambria giving Lacee and Caleb's dog some attention.
Oh aren't we so cute-haha. I love me some Mark.
I think Saige looks like she could live on one of these boats so stylin.
My sister and I hanging out at the Coronado beach.
Time to go out to eat-Who likes cooking when you are on vacation? Not me. Heck who likes cooking at all-NOT ME.
When we finished eating we went into Target at the mall to get a few needed items-we bought some heavy stuff so we were told we could take the cart throughout the mall, so we did. I have to say I really felt like a hobo walking through the mall with a shopping cart.
This puzzle was the puzzle of all time. Every one of my children played it for hours on end.
What a cute looking family.
Saige and Rylan playing a story game. You would roll the dice and make up stories with the pictures that were on the front of the dice. They had some funny tales to tell.
On our last evening there Uncle Buck took us to tour his helicopter-well the one he works on. It was so amazing. I was so thankful that we were able to do that. It also gave me a new found appreciation for those service men who work on those helicopters-they aren't that big and there are so many buttons. How does Uncle David fly one kind of like this-I have no idea but I appreciate that he can.
Checking out the areas where Uncle Buck works in when doing rescue swimming lessons etc.
Co-pilot Saige is on the loose.
Thanks to Buck for taking time out to show us what he does with the Navy. I am so proud of him and his service for our country (along with all my brother in laws that serve). It is not an easy job and they do it with such pride. Go Wolf pack (that is buck's flight crew).
We really were interested in everything he told us about his helicopter (ok not his but you know what I mean).
This is one big machine that I wouldn't want to have to drive, heck or ride in.
Wait I take it back-move out of the way we are preparing for take off.
My teenage nephew was always so busy with school, his girlfriend and who knows what that I rarely saw him. However when I did it was always good laughs. This was one of Justin's art projects for school-He did a great job looking his geeky part.
Ahh Time spent on the beach together on our last day. Good times
This was one of my favorite things to do-nothing. We had a few hours to spare before heading out on the plane. The kids played at the beach while I stayed away from the sand and rested in the sun shine. It wasn't that warm but the sun was the sun. As you can see-maybe see, that is Rylan all covered up in the towels.
As I was watching Cody and Saige playing in the beach-boogie boarding I saw this fin come out of the water not to far away from where they were. Of course I freaked out thinking it was a shark. I was quickly reassured that it was a bunch of dolphins. The dolphins were everywhere, jumping and swimming so close to shore. It would have been so cool if the water was clear because then we could have seen them so much better. If you look in the far left hand side of this corner you can see a small fin coming out of the water.
Oh boy Dolphin attack...... I love those things.
After all is said and done it was finally time to pack up and come home. Do we love getting away and going on vacation? Heck yeah. Do we love to be back in the comfort of our own home? Heck yeah. Will we miss our family down in California? Heck Yeah. Do we hope to go back soon? Heck ---------- uh yes to the family and down time, no to the others (though the kids would beg to differ.)

0 comments: