MY CUTE FAMILY

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Views while running in San Diego

Oh San Diego. If I could rate the #1 running spot I have ever ran in, it would be San Diego-Coronado island, hands down. The temperature was at the low 60's with a wind from the bay and ocean always breezing on you (notice I said breezing -not gusting like at home.) There are miles of paths for you to run on and they are all flat as a pancake. My first weekend at April's I had to do a 7 miler, and a 22 miler. When I returned the next weekend I had to do a 15 miler and a 6 miler. Needless to say I didn't listen to music on any of my runs because I was taking the sounds and the scenery all in. The birds were chirping, the ocean was pounding, cars were going by, lots of bikers and runners cruising in every direction and of course me gasping for air. I loved running somewhere new-even though I really didn't want to run at all while on vacation. The runs were fantastic, just some knee aching after the first long run (of course). I am hoping it will mend in time for my upcoming runs-I am scared.
Sunrise at the bay-and later on my return from the bay ( I did get a sunburn on my body from my run-a first, even my legs got it.)
You can't see but this was the road and on the other side was the ocean. It was also a beach where the naval seals train so sometimes you could watch them working hard. That always made me feel like I had it good and I could be worse off.
I ran past the Yacht club every run and the boats there were ridiculous. Where do people get the money to buy these things and how often do they get to be in them? I guess there is rich and there is crazy rich.
I loved running by the Del Coronado hotel because it is so pretty and looks like a place I would want to stay in. Of course it is probably too much money for my blood but it was so pretty. Of course the sidewalks by the beach and the hotel were great spots to check out the views.
Another favorite thing that I loved to do was run by all the amazingly beautiful million dollar homes. I googly eyed almost all of them and wanted to explore them. If I would have taken pictures of all the ones I loved we would have an entire blog just on that.

These trees I call the old man trees-why? Well if you are close to them there skin is all soft looking-not rough at all and wherever they have a branch coming out of the tree it wrinkles up. I think they looks so fun to climb and cuddle in-just like an old man (uh what am I saying-I have never cuddled with an old man, unless you think Mark's old.)
Here was my infamous bike path on Coronado-Silver Strand. This path goes for I think 23 miles. I did all of it, from one point to the other, along with some other different paths-though this was my favorite.
I would die to have some paths like this in Hood River. This picture was taken on a Monday Morning. If I took it on the weekend you would see how crazy busy this path really is.I loved all the people sending out good exercising vibes through their serious sports concentrations. I am fooling you if you think it was empty like these photos, this just happen to be a rest stop and I waited for people to go by before taking a photo.
I hope I get to run you guys again someday in the future (talking to the bike baths and San Diego). Also can you send some of your weather and flat paths this a way.

0 comments: