MY CUTE FAMILY

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Fourth of July Run

When a runner gets ready you have to make sure all the necessary things are in place. Being that I don't have a second mirror to check my hair I used my phone-I actually do this all the time and so when I was going through and saw this picture I thought-oh that's funny and a detail in our modern day lives that should be recorded. Sadly I didnt' realize the open toilet and overflowing trash can in the back ground before I posted this picture-oh well that's a bathroom for ya.
 The fourth of July run in Hood River starts in Odell Oregon and goes for 7.4 miles (an odd amount for sure). It is a decent run with minor hills at the beginning and a huge sucker in the 3rd mile-for almost a good mile. I wasn't really as prepared for this run as I should have been. Melanie and I did a practice run of the course the week before and had to laugh at how pathetic and leisurely we took it.
 I wouldnt' have ran the run without my running partner because it would have been way to boring. I love having my bestee to run with and talk about who knows what. Even though the day turned out pretty hot we were able to start at 9am and not get too much of the heat. I had Mark leave the sprinklers on in our front yard so we could run in them as we ran by-ahhhhhh.
 Hood River runners take their runs seriously and run so fast. Melanie and I worked it running an average of 8:46 but we were pathetically slow compared to half the people and I guess faster compared to the other half. The worst part of the entire race is running the last mile in front of hundreds of spectators for the upcoming parade-ugh. Thank goodness American flag speedo boys were in front of us and took the pressure off (ahhh).
Another fun run with Melanie-I love the easier runs.

1 comments:

April said...

what a way to start the day. I think I agree running down the parade route is a little much.