One of the many hobbies that I enjoy to do is to read a good book. Believe me I have picked up some crappy books and some really good ones. For some reason I tend to do my darndest to finish all of the books I pick up to read whether it's good or dumb. I like to read history, fiction, non fiction, books helping with my kids, motivational books, books on running, books on real life stories etc.... I didn't have a lot of time when my kids were younger but now I just make time. I have always thought my husband over analyzes everything until I became a runner. I pick apart my running and my running techniques like no body's business. I have tried tons of books and ways to help with forefront running, the chi running, running injuries etc...While at my mom's I went to the library to pick up some crap magazines for an upcoming vacation (they didn't have any-can you believe the nerve). I ended up coming across this piece of gold though. 50/50 is probably the most motivational running book I have ever read (of course for the runner at heart). I loved every page and hearing about his journey doing 50 marathons in 50 days in 50 states. It really reminded me what it is that is important with running and what makes it a joy to do. The stories of others and his tips made this book a true winner. I now feel like I can go in the running world not having to prove anything to anyone-running is an individual sport and if you don't have something to prove to yourself you mine as well not even do it. I am working at this moment but having just finished the book I am ready to peel off my working clothes and throw on some running clothes and go for a slow run. 
I give this book 5 stars and challenge you to take on the challenge to read this book in 50 days!!!!! ha ha OK just read it when you need to motivate your running brain.

1 comments:
Wow, I'm so glad you found the perfect book for you. As if you needed motivation! I'm amazed at you!
Post a Comment