MY CUTE FAMILY

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Around the condo

I have so many pictures I wanted to get on here but I didn't download all of my parents camera for some reason so I will get back to some more of our fun Beach adventures later. We headed to Seaside Or, to stay at the Trend west there-our tradition if we can afford it. Of course since gas is so much right now (4.09 a gallon) we crammed as many of us as we could in each of the cars. On my way to the ocean I had a little of everyone-Kelsey, Kaedra, Samantha and Rylan. they really did a great job of entertaining themselves and as you could see if they each had an electronic they were pacified.
I have discovered that as much as I love the beach I really like it from a distance the best. Now I will say if I am somewhere warm I don't mind the sand getting on me because I can wash it off-but here where you turn into a frozen glacier the moment you touch the water I try and refrain from it. Yes I am reading a book, and yes I read a lot-it is one of my favorite things to do.
I loved this picture-Kaedra sure loves her Grandpa and she has really become a lot more cuddly than she ever was in the past. I love her new stage in life right now.
After lunch on our first day we walked around the town waiting patiently for our room to open up. The kids always can make the best of things.
Patrick wanted to get in on the action and also wanted to see how strong he was- not too bad, not too bad.
You could say that we swam a LOT. The kids love swimming and so we would go down to the pool 2-4 times a day. Some of the kids smelled permanently of chlorine and others had ear aches from so much water getting in their ears. I loved that it entertained them and that they were happy. Since the Olympics were on during our stay Saige and Samantha ended up making a synchronized swim dance. It was pretty funny and I loved that they got into the spirit of the games. I think it has really encouraged Saige to want to join swim team too.
While some enjoyed the outdoors Patrick preferred to stay in the hotel room a lot-what a hermit. Bree played a lot of Skip-bo with herself and of course anyone who would challenge her-looks like she found a partner.
I didnt' bring very many toys this time around since my kids really have grown up and don't play with them a lot like they use too (and it is that much more to pack in the car). I did however go out to my unit where I have some toys stored and pulled out 3 different types of toys that I thought they would enjoy. All of the kids had a blast but particularly Rylan and Kaedra.
See they took these toys everywhere they went-it helps to put toys away and only pull them out here and there-they like them a lot better.
As much fun as we had here at the condo I think the girls had that wonderful bonding time with their cousins and Aunts and Uncle. We all were able to unwind, relax and have a few good laughs. I am so glad that I have such a close family that we can handle things like this together.

0 comments: