MY CUTE FAMILY

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

HTC Take 2

Every year around the fourth weekend in August a small little relay race is put together to join up all the crazy runners all over the world and nation (12600 runners). This was my second year joining this fun party and I was so glad to have been able to participate with a great group of people. I was having my doubts because of all the many issues I am constantly having but I was able to do it and survive. Hood to Coast is from Mt. Hood Timberline lodge all the way to Seaside Oregon-everyone taking on 3 legs (12 people). I took on leg #12 again this year because I knew my leg could handle it and I also knew that maybe I could attempt to do around the times I had last year (that only happened on one though). My first leg was around 4 in the afternoon in the heat of the day- It was about 78 degrees with a light breeze but it still felt sooooo hot. I love the 55 degree weather. In fact my night time run was at 2 am and it was 45degrees but I took it on with a t-shirt and shorts and loved every step, after I warmed up.
Mark came and joined me after the race so he was able to catch me running into Seaside on my last leg-yeah.
I really had such a good time and I am always grateful for all the people who put this amazing adventure together, it is no easy task.
Who doesn't love to run in the sand??? Uhhh that would be me, I was constantly peeling out.
Loved this shirt-one really fun thing about HTC is all the hilarious signs, vans, shirts, people-really it is a silly group from the age of 6 or 7 all the way up to almost dead.
Here was my team-the Precordial thumpers (1/2 of them are nurses).
This was my van-Van #2 Meagan, Alison, Cathy, John-my brother in law, Emily- my sister in law and then of course me. We truly had a heck of a time.
Emily and I weren't very creative for the van art-,though we did come wearing the same color top, and shorts so how could it get better than that?
Take it all in John-John loved to procrastinate and boy was he a pro at it. I was so impressed with how cool, calm and collective he was with getting places and getting everything done.
After we all ran our first leg we headed over to Cathy's house and showered. After cleaning ourselves up you could tell a few of the runners got a little sun burned-of course not I since my skin is already leathered into a tan.
There may have only been one guy in our van but he kept us in line. It felt like a non stop party and there was never too many dull moments.
During our first break we had enough time to head to a reception for Alison's roommate. We were a little embarrassed since we were not really in wedding attire but we all decided to throw on our HTC shirts so that we at least looked like we had a purpose for looking so terrible. It was kind of like the wedding crashers. I have to say the cupcakes were so moist they were heaven, and oh that pineapple. Yes we ate too.
During the night we were able to get to our exchange with a little time left over-40 minutes. A few of the girls needed some shut eye but I knew that just wasn't going to happen to me. I tried to be quiet but of course would say a few things here and there. John couldn't stop chuckling at how hard it was for me to shut up.  Finally John took me on a time out walk so we could let others try and sleep. We ended up freezing our tails off and stalking the fundraising people (warming up by their hot pots and lamps). We finally found a great location for John to sip some Coffee and for me to get out of the wind-where else but our "shaded cove" a bus stop. It was pretty funny if you could have seen it. This particular picture is only 1/4 of the cars at the exchange #30. It can get pretty hairy. We all were able to get about 2 hours of sleep-even though it ended up being on someone lawn, woops. Emily and I woke up deliriously tired and laughing our heads off as we tried to dodge on coming home owners and pretend to be asleep.
As the morning went along we continued to have a blast and thanked the man above it was the last leg-the soreness was starting to set in.
Here I am at my last exchange-ready to take us to the finish line. I had been waiting 1/2 the day for my turn to run so I was so grateful to get our show on the road and finish this puppy up.
It was truly a successful year and I actually think I had more fun this year than last-shocking!!!! I was so happy to be with My bro and sis in law they are truly great people and great friends. I was able to finish the evening off with a concert on the beach listening to HIT MACHINE. It was a great race with perfect weather, not to many delays-besides a Les Shwab burning down and changing the route by 1 1/2 miles, beautiful people, good company and good running-of course.

0 comments: