Many months ago a group of girls and I decided that we were going to do a mud run-the KISS ME DIRTY mud run. Why we decided in something like this?? because we just don't get enough days at the spa. One of the gals travels a lot and was able to secure us 2 hotel rooms for the night before, FREE. I mean you can't get better than that. We crammed into 2 ghetto cars and headed to Portland for a night on the town. We spent some hard earned money at Pastani's which was grand and then headed to scary VOO DOO doughnuts in Portland. I say Scary because of where it was located-though bacon on a doughnut is a little on the scary side too. Thank heavens the doughnuts didn't tempt me and I stayed true to no sugar for, well one more night. Lauren was only able to join us for dinner because of other events that she had going on.
Melanie, Gretta, Kara and I ended up getting to our hotel first and waiting on the slow pokes for some time (slow pokes who talk to much and missed the exit). OK at least we wanted to make it look that way. I know we are superb actress'.So our team name has always been "Girlz in the HOOD", we went with the Gangsta look. Some girls, as hard as they tried couldn't seem to scare us with their look-the cute blonde hair threw us off. However I think Tabitha and I were doing pretty good. We decided we were all a mix between Gangsta, Motorcycle mama's, Aunt Jamima, eighty's rockers, hippies and hillbilly's.
Staying at our hotel was the 2012 Gymnastic Gold medalists. Had we only known we would have attempted to get our photos with them-or at least had a $9.00 Continental breakfast ON them-meaning they pay that is. We never did see them bummer-though we really didn't look. Wish we would have known they were performing we could have invited them to be on our team.
Melanie and I all ready to take this race by the horns. KISS ME dirty!
I know it is the glasses that makes you scared and trembling in your shoes.
Mama's gonna knock you out.
Check how cute and clean we are here-Really this is as clean as we get. Melissa C., Tabitha W, Kara Y, Melanie C, Gretta D, Debbie M, Alexa A, and Myself.
Our first little jaunt started off great and we made it over the tire obstacle and the spider web, then we came to the water slide. The only problem was that they had run out of water-oh me oh my. So we decided to take a go at it by rolling down. The water slide plastic was pretty big and we actually started out the entire way across it. In the end though we ended up in one mass pile laughing hysterically. Alexa and I became so sick from the rolling I thought I was going to have to excuse myself into a little bush and hurl it up. Seriously the dizziness lasted forever.
After crawling through one muddy obstacle we came to this one with the mud pit. Finally we get to get a little dirty and crazy.
Oh yes I am laying on my stomach swimming through this bad boy-along with getting splashed and splashing others. We came out of here with a little mud in our eyes, teeth, ears etc..
I am not sure how we are all planning on surviving the tough mudder next year with our husbands because it wont be this fun and entertaining.
After observing our beauty we decided it was time to move on. We continued on with one more terribly muddy pit and oh the fun never stopped. We were laughing non stop. I mean to think that people pay to play in the mud is pretty silly. One of the husbands mentioned that next time we want to play in the mud he will turn on the sprinkler in the back yard and we can go at it.
Yes we were just a little dirty.
(The second one in is me-can ya tell?)
What a bunch of fun-I would do this with these girls in a heart beat-it was a great hoot.
I do think it was a tie between Kara and I of who was the dirtiest. Though everyone else came in fairly close.

Kiss me dirty-thanks for the fun, next time get a few more muddy obstacles would ya?
Thank heavens my little girlfriend and I were able to go shower at another hotel. We decided to stay in Portland shopping for the evening and spending some bonding time with each other. Needless to say our bathroom was not quite the same when we were done with it. I promise you it looks like I am attacking Melanie here but really we were posing, I promise.
All the junk in my shoes was quite nasty-pebbles, grass, mud--I think I could have built a house with all that junk.










1 comments:
Hilarious! I love hearing the behind the scenes happenings and seeing all the pictures. Man, you guys have fun!
Post a Comment