So when did Healthy become the cool thing at school????? I have been trying to be a lot better at home with eating and buying a lot less processed food, but when it comes to lunches I still seem to still be a little lazier and throw in some chips and maybe a treat (along with fruits and some veggies/protein). Lately however it has just not been good enough for Saige, "I have the least healthy food in my group of kids". After looking at her lunch what we had packed her, (ham sandwich, chips, apple, fruit roll up and water) we revamped it and she was giving her own ideas. We put in a sandwich, apple, whole wheat pita chips-organic, carrots and a little granola for a treat. You would have thought I just gave the girl a cupcake, she was so excited to fit in. Thank goodness processed food is out and the good stuff is in. Now I just have to make myself find time to do cool healthy food-eek, we shall see how it goes.

3 comments:
http://www.bentolunch.net/
looks good to me. It s that healthy Northwest attitude. Glad she is interested.
Good for you! and good for Saige! for a second there I thought those gold fish crackers looked like frogs, haha! Looks yummy though
Post a Comment