One of my mom and I's favorite things to do is look for houses-you have seen it on blog posts before. However we have been looking for a little bit in the gorge for a house my Mom and Dad could afford with land. It is not a cheap place to buy-if you have ever thought about it you would know what I am talking about. Anything in Hood River with a tiny plot and nice you will be paying a good 300,000. Anything my mom would want you would be paying 800,000-1 million. Needless to say my mom located 2 houses/manufactured homes to scope out at amazing prices. One had 7 acres and one had 5 acres-one had 2400sq feet-one story for the elderly and one had 1800 sq ft-small but with a big shop. They both had plus and minus' but they are both in the country so we still would have to travel about 40 minutes to go see them. Not that big of a deal if it is what they want right?
(Samantha and Saige were starting to wear out after playing as long as they could without food.)After checking out one of the houses we all decided we really liked it the best (the bigger one). Mom took Mark and the girls to check it out and get his opinion (yes we are peeking in the windows, it was empty).
The girls were already making good use of the land picking some apples from the tree-which actually were really good.
Rylan loved the walkway feature that reminded us all of hopscotch-that is exactly what she is doing here.
After taking the house all in several times, we had to use the porch out to ponder and think of all the different things you could do to improve this place and make it exactly what they want.
So this is the house I think they are going to make an offer on this week. We love it and it really is a bargain-138,000 with 5 acres. I can see my parents living here, all of us going up to help with projects, sitting on a country porch sipping water, the kids running around screaming like crazy beasts, and my parents spending all their time making it theirs. Of course they wont be moving there for a few years-not until Patrick is out of school but it will be a great weekend retreat and they can get things done way ahead of time before moving in. I know I shouldn't get my hopes up for them but I do hope it works out for the best-whatever way that is.
1 comments:
me too. I am hoping that by the time I get up there she is back. Were these in White Salmon or Hood river?
Post a Comment