Ambria was really into picking the cherries. She got right up on the ladder and picked away at the Bing's.
Woops someone got a little bit of cherry on their shirt.
Samantha and Saige were not thrilled to be helping us with this chore but they didn't have an option. The only bad part is they thought it would be fun to get all the split and nasty ones. Had we known that was their game plan we would have sent them back out to pick a heck of a lot more. Unfortunately we didn't find this out till we were long gone.
Look at those babies. I picked Rainier because that seems to be our family favorite. Bings aren't too far behind. They bring back great childhood memories. We use to climb in my grandmas tree and eat as many cherries as we could handle. We would than have a cherry seed spitting contest, and typically would spit more at each other, or whatever cousin we didn't like that day.
Dale taught the girls how to pick cherries so that you don't harm the fruit for the next season. I had no idea that they had a special way to be picked. All these years I think I have ruined the trees. Note** Cherries will last longer if left on the stem too. Rylan's favorite part about Cherry picking-is climbing the ladder. It is pretty high and cool.


0 comments:
Post a Comment